Eggplant Lentil Rice
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- 2 cups rice
- 2 cups eggplant, peeled and cubed (approximately 1/2 inch cubes)
- 8 oz. crimini mushrooms, sliced thinly (approximately 4 mushrooms)
- 1 cup red lentils, uncooked
- 4 cups (32 oz.) beef or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper**
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a small pinch of saffron crushed up
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken (optional for a 1 dish meal)
- Mix all ingredients in your Instant Pot.
- Close vent.
- Press manual/pressure cook and set time on high for 15 minutes.
- Once pressure cooker is done use quick pressure release.
- Takes approximately 15-20 minutes to build pressure and 15 minutes to cook. Natural pressure release 5 minutes before doing a quick release.