Zucchini Noodles with Tomato Bacon Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Side Dish
- 3 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (14-15 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 pkg. Green Giant Zucchini Veggie Spirals
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cut bacon into small pieces and saute over medium high heat with onion and garlic until lightly brown and onion and garlic is soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, zucchini spirals, and seasonings.
- Cover. Cook 7 minutes, removing the lid midway through to ensure it isn’t burning to the bottom – give it a quick stir and put the lid back on.
- Remove lid and cook 3 more minutes, stirring occasionally.