We have been looking for the perfect pancake recipe and it has been elusive. We have found so many different delicious recipes but never THE ONE – that recipe that has every single quality you could possible want in a pancake. Some like them flat, some like them sweet, and some like them fluffy. We like them fluffy. Usually I can’t get my whole wheat pancakes to FLUFF and stay fluffy but these beauties are perfection. I bring you THE ONE, THE PERFECT whole whole wheat pancake recipe with chocolate chips. So amazing you will stuff yourself on them, not that I know that from experience.
- 1 and 1/2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips – I prefer mini chips
- Mix vinegar and milk. Let set to sour for 5 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients except chocolate chips.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Let set 10 minutes.
- Fry pancakes on a non-stick griddle or greased frying pan.
Amount it makes depends on size of pancakes but we usually get 10-12 medium sized pancakes.
Another Favorite Pancake Meal
- Make pancakes without the chocolate chips.
- Mix together 1/4 cup softened cream cheese, 1/8 cup confectioners sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese spread on each pancake.
- Top with diced fruit and/or berries, and chocolate chips.