Whole Wheat Cranberry Coconut Bread
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 3/4 cups freshly milled wheat flour (I use hard winter wheat berries)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- Honey (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degree.
- Grease 2 medium sized loaf pans or 1 9×9 inch round pan.
- Mill grain and sift out 1 3/4 cups.
- Mix together your flour and milk.
- While milk and flour are soaking, measure out remaining dry ingredients and mix them in a small bowl.
- Melt butter.
- Beat eggs into butter.
- Sprinkle dry ingredients over flour and milk mixture and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix in egg and butter mixture.
- Fold in cranberries and coconut by hand.
- Pour into greased pan/pans.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean when center is tested.
- Drizzle over a tablespoon of your favorite honey.