- 4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white/unbleached flour
- 3 Tbsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 and 1/2 cups butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- Mix dry ingredients in mixer.
- Add butter, cut into cubes and mix until crumbly.
- Add cheese and mix.
- Add milk and mix until combined.
- Roll out on floured counter or board until 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut with glass or cookie cutters.
- Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes on un-greased cookie sheet.
- Makes (32) 3 inch biscuits. I cut out with a drinking glass.
Recipe can be halved for a smaller batch.