Whole Wheat Blueberry Scones
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 8 -16 mini scones 1x
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, salted (if unsalted, add extra 1/4 teaspoon salt)
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In mixer or food processor:
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Cut butter into 1 inch pieces and add to flour mixture, mixing until it becomes a fine crumble.
- Slowly add cream, mixing just until incorporated and makes a thick dough. Do this cautiously as you may need a little less cream.
- Mix dried fruit in by hand.
For mini scones: Form into 2 balls and pat out into 1 inch thick circles on a cutting board or baking sheet – greased or lined with parchment paper.
- Cut each round into 6-8 wedges.
For large scones: Form into 1 ball then pat out to 1 inch thick and cut into 6-8 pieces.
- Place on cookie sheet appr. 1 inch apart.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool a few minutes then brush tops with Lemon Glaze.
- Half cup powdered sugar
- Juice from 1 lemon.