Next week Whole Foods is having a one day deal on rotisserie chickens. Easily one of their most awaited deals, they sometimes sell out in HOURS. In other words, set your alarms so you don’t forget to be there early. Why don’t YOU want to miss it? Because I have 3 amazing recipes and one meal idea that can deliver quick easy meals that taste delicious and don’t cost a fortune.
I was given a $50 gift card for ingredients to create some recipes so I decided to take that $50 and show that you can shop Whole Foods on a budget. I was able to buy enough food for more than 5 meals with $62. With next week’s rotisserie chicken deal you can get even more for that money. Ready to see how I did it?
What I Bought at Whole Foods on a Budget
- 2 rotisserie chickens – the naked bird and an herb coated chicken
- 5 ears of corn
- 4 organic carrots
- Organic celery
- Organic frozen cauliflower ( 16 ounces – forgot to add to soup so have for another meal)
- 1 Spicy Chicken Sausage (forgot to add to soup so have for another meal)
- 1 organic onion
- 3 cloves organic garlic
- 1 wedge gouda
- 1 small loaf ciabatta bread
- 1 box organic capellini
- 1 pound organic strawberries
- 1 bottle organic capers (did not end up using)
- Organic Kale – 1 bunch
- 1 can organic spicy black beans
- 1 can organic canneloni beans
- 1 can organic artichokes
- 1.5 pounds fresh broccoli
- 1 package organic salad greens
- 1 container sun dried tomatoes
What did I use that I already had?
- 2 lemons
- 1 – 32 ounce can organic diced tomatoes
- Simple Balsamic Dressing
- Baby carrots
Want some recipes? I will be sharing the recipes over the next week, leading up to Friday’s One Day Deal on rotisserie chicken so make sure you come back to see what’s new and what YOU don’t want to miss making with your awesome deal of a chicken.
Recipes to come…
Chicken, Artichoke, and Sun Dried Tomato Pasta (recipe under construction)
Looking for a quick and easy meal cookbook that gets dinner on the table in no time? This healthy recipe ebook is only a few dollars –Cooking Light Fresh Food Fast Weeknight Meals: Over 280 Incredible Supper Solutions.
Real: The Kitchen and Beyond is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.