White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 37 minutes
- Total Time: 49 minutes
- Yield: 18-24 cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 3 and 1/4 cups flour (ubleached or all-purpose)
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/2 cup oil*
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup white or raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix flour and baking powder in a small bowl.
- In mixer, beat oil and eggs. Add sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Add flour and mix until well combined.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Put parchment paper or an oven safe silicone mat on a large cookie sheet.
- Form biscotti dough into a long cylinder shape almost as long as the baking sheet then pat down to 1/2 inch thick, maintaining even width from end to end.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool approximately 5 minutes. You want to let it cool long enough to handle but not long enough to start hardening or it will fall apart when you cut it.
- Cut cookie crosswise in approximately 1/2 inch thick fingers.
- Place back on baking sheet cut side up. Bake 6-10 minutes then turn and bake on other side 6-10 minutes – until each side is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Brush white chocolate over the top or dip 1/2 of each biscotti end into the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed pumpkin seeds on top or roll white chocolate ends in crushed pumpkins.
- I have used olive oil and avocado oil with no issue. Vegetable oil should be fine also.