Do you buy the newspaper? Did you know that you can re-purpose it beyond sticking it into the recycling bin? I get the newspaper for the coupons and often take the “news” part to my dad but sometimes it doesn’t make it there. I hate to throw it away though so I found some tips for re-using newspaper and cutting down that consumer guilt.
11 Tips for Re-using Newspaper
- Use to clean mirrors and windows instead of paper towels. Leaves less lint.
- Set wet shoes and boots on pieces of old newspaper beside the door.
- Line flower pots with newspaper before adding layers of gravel and soil.
- Wrap fragile items for storage or moving. A layer or two shoved in a glass or between plates helps protect and is cheap filler for those odd nooks and crannies in boxes. Also great to wrap sharp knives in then tape up.
- Gift wrap. Comics make great wrap for baby showers, brothers and kids.
- Craft projects – Check out these great ideas from Totally Green Crafts.
- Cut and laminate for book marks.
- Fire starter – roll it up tightly and start your fire with it instead of those stinky fire starters
- Use it in your garden – lay it flat, then add some dirt over it to keep it flat. It helps cut down on weeds. Just don’t put it over your rows of seeds.
- Put it down to protect surfaces when your kids craft.
- Make seed starter cups with it.