Smoked Sausage and Corn Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowl is the perfect way to start your morning on the right foot. It’s a hearty breakfast with staying power and this recipe is easy to change-up and double-up.
- 1 TBS. oil, divided
- 1 small sweet potato (1/4 – 1/2 cup when diced)
- 1/2 red onion for (approx. 1/4 cup when chopped)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or 1 cube Dorot Gardens garlic)
- 4 crimini/baby bella mushrooms
- 1 – 2 smoked sausage links (1 large or 2 small)
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp. favorite seasoning or Sriracha to taste
- 1 egg (optional)
- Heat a skillet over medium high heat (6 on my stove).
- Add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Dice sweet potato and add to pan then put a lid on the pan.
- Dice onion and add to the pan, stirring ingredients around.
- Add garlic, any seasoning desired except sriracha, and approximately 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan. Put the lid back on but stir every couple minutes.
- Dice mushrooms and add to pan, stirring then putting lid back on.
- Chop 1 or 2 smoked sausage links – 1 large or 2 small and add to pan.
- Add corn.
- Leave lid off and stir frequently, cook a couple minutes until sausage and corn are heated through. Transfer to bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil to the pan and fry egg as desired.
- Top dish with egg and sriracha or a dash of your favorite seasoning. Simply adding salt and pepper is fine.
- Category: Breakfast