Not going to lie, I am counting down to Thanksgiving. I wanted Thanksgiving Dinner 2 weeks ago but that would totally be cheating. Last night we were making homemade pizza and my 9 year old was apparently thinking of Thanksgiving too. He wanted to add cranberries and blue cheese to a pizza so I took that idea and ran with it. I had just made an awesome cranberry ginger jam that has just 3 ingredients. It was sweet and tangy, the perfect complement to the blue cheese and cracked pepper smoked turkey I bought for the flat bread pizza. This recipe is a perfect Thanksgiving leftover recipe. While it looks gourmet it is quick and easy, which we all know is important the day after creating a Thanksgiving feast.
I love having a few Trader Joe’s pizza dough balls in the freezer for nights I don’t feel like making our favorite pizza crust recipe. Make life easy on yourself this Black Friday and buy a crust. They are usually around $1.25 which is a bonus in my mind because I can still feel like I am sticking to frugal meal planning when I pair it with leftovers.Print
- 1 pizza crust
- Cranberry Ginger Jam
- Black Pepper
- Cheese: Gorgonzola, Blue Cheese, Goat’s Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Grease pizza tray or preheat pizza stone.
- Stretch dough on pan.
- Cover dough to 1/2 inch from edges with thin layer of cranberry jam.
- Sprinkle liberally with turkey.
- Add freshly ground black pepper.
- Add choice of cheese – as liberally as you wish.
- Bake until pizza is done, approximately 15-20 minutes.