- 4 cups uncooked rice
- 2 lb. ground meat
- 8 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 large onion/2 cups diced onion
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans or 2 (28 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Prepare rice per package directions.
- Fry ground meat and onion over medium high heat. When meat is lightly browned and onion is slightly soft, add the cabbage, salt, and pepper. Cover and cook until meat is cooked through and onions and cabbage are completely soft.
- Add diced tomatoes and continue cooking over medium-high heat, stirring often to keep from scorching. Keep lid off to cook off the extra liquid. When most of the liquid is cooked off, it is finished.
- Serve over rice.
*For easy serving, smooth cooked rice into a casserole dish then spread the cabbage and beef mixture over top.
**6 cups cooked rice and 2/3 the cabbage and beef mixture fill a 9×13 pan for 12 servings. You will have 4 servings remaining and can mix together and freeze or put in a smaller dish. You can also divide into smaller amounts.
Handy tip: 1 cup cooked rice = 2 servings so you can divide as needed depending on how many people you need to feed.
- Category: entree