This beef stir fry recipe can be made as spicy or mild as you like. Spicy Apricot Beef and Snow Peas is perfect for a weeknight meal because it’s quick and easy to whip up and serve over rice, quinoa, or salad.
Some days you need to get dinner on the table for your family in a hurry, but just like every other day, you want something tasty, and for the love, certainly not chicken fingers and French fries (yet again!!). If your family loves stir fries, apricot beef and snow pea stir fry is sure to please. It’s super quick and easy to pull together with just a few ingredients to prep first.
Literally. Three….unless you buy stir fry beef and prewashed snow peas. Then there’s one – the onion.
You can add a bit of garlic if you want and leave the crushed red pepper out if you like. Just don’t forget to grab some apricot jelly on your next trip to the grocery store. Unless you want to switch it out and try orange marmalade. That could work too, although then you’ll need to call it orange beef and snow peas.
affiliate links below
To make dinner even quicker make sure to start your rice in the rice cooker or Instant Pot earlier in the day. If you’re still looking to buy one of these, I recommend this rice cooker or this Instant Pot. Really though, buy them both. It will take no time to wonder how you ever lived without them.Print
Spicy Apricot Beef and Snow Pea Stir Fry
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- 1 TBS. oil
- 1 and 1/2 lb. thinly sliced beef (like carne picada or stir fry)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (approx. 2 cups)
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper (can omit)
- 1/2 cup apricot jelly
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 8 oz. snow peas
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a wide bottomed, high-sided pan.
- Add beef and onion.
- When onion is soft and meat is almost cooked through, add snow peas.
- Add soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, apricot jelly, and pepper.
- Heat until snow peas are tender and liquid has thickened a bit and is bubbling.
- Serve over rice or quinoa.
Don’t forget to pin this beef stir fry recipe for later and share a picture on Instagram when you make it (tag #rtkbrecipe or @heatherlmccurdy so I can check it out).