This smoked sausage and potato recipe with peppers uses simple affordable ingredients. It’s a nice easy dinner to throw in the oven while you get other things done and is easily adaptable to feed a crowd.
- 1 TBS. oil
- 8 cups cubed potatoes (approx. 6 large potatoes)
- 2 medium onions, cubed (just slightly larger than a baseball)
- 2 medium bell peppers, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12-16 oz. smoked sausage or kielbasa
- 1 TBS. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 9×13 pan with oil.
- Layer potatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic.
- Slice smoked sausage and layer on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle seasonings over top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Test to see if potatoes and onions are soft. If not, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes with foil off.