This smoked sausage and potato recipe with peppers is perfect when you need to feed a crowd or stick dinner in the oven for a bit and kinda forget about it.
I love a good sheet pan meal but they are entirely too impractical for our family. I have this favorite Andouille Sausage, Potato, and Pepper Sheet Pan Meal and I suffer through and make it occasionally because it’s just so good.
Seriously, though, it’s a nuisance to have to keep turning the food and I have to make 2 sheet pans because our family needs more than what will fit on one pan. Then, once you throw 2 pans in the oven at the same time they just don’t roast quite the same way either. It just ends up being too much fussy work after a busy day when our dinner goals are simply to be able to enjoy some time together.
I’ve found these bakes taste great too and they are so easy to adapt with little ingredient changes. And while you don’t get that all over roasty caramelized goodness that a sheet pan delivers, no one complains. In fact, I get rave reviews over this simple dinner every single time I make it for guests. They always want to know what kind of smoked sausage I use and the secret is ALDI Beef Smoked Sausage.
Sausage and Pepper Potato Bake
Yield 6-8 servings
This smoked sausage and potato recipe with peppers uses simple affordable ingredients. It's a nice easy dinner to throw in the oven while you get other things done and is easily adaptable to feed a crowd.
- 1 TBS. oil
- 8 cups cubed potatoes (approx. 6 large potatoes)
- 2 medium onions, cubed (just slightly larger than a baseball)
- 2 medium bell peppers, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12-16 oz. smoked sausage or kielbasa
- 1 TBS. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease 9x13 pan with oil.
- Layer potatoes, onions, peppers, and garlic.
- Slice smoked sausage and layer on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle seasonings over top.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Test to see if potatoes and onions are soft. If not, bake for an additional 10-15 minutes with foil off.