There’s nothing like throwing dinner in the slow cooker and walking away. Sausage and Peppers is especially tasty when it slow cooks together for a couple hours. It’s a versatile dish that can serve a family or a crowd.
- 4 medium-large green bell peppers
- 4 medium sweet onions
- 2 lb. Italian sausage links
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Slice bell peppers and onions into thin slices then layer half of them in a 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Put 1 pound of sausage links in slow cooker on top of peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper over sausage.
- Layer remaining peppers and onions on top of sausage.
- Arrange remaining sausage over peppers and onions.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Slow cook on high for 4 and 1/2 hours.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American