Slow Cooker Lemon Ginger Roast Chicken
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
- Total Time: 9 minutes
- Yield: 4 -6 1x
- 1 whole chicken or 2 chicken halves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. Spanish paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup water
- Rinse and pat dry chicken then put in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut lemon into 10-12 wedges and squeeze each over the chicken then throw wedges intot he slow cooker.
- Thinly wedge onion and put into slow cooker.
- Sprinkle herbs and spices over chicken.
- Pour 1 cup water into slow cooker.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours.
NOTE: See article for tip on turning slow cooker chicken into crispy skinned roast chicken.
- Serves 4 adults or 2 adults and 3-4 children.