- 10 large onions
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 – 16 ounce bottles of dark beer
- 2 – 32 ounces beef broth*
- Optional: Cheese and croutons
- Slice onions thin.
- Mince garlic.
- Put all ingredients in the slow cooker on high for 8-10 hours.
- The longer it cooks the richer it gets.
- Before serving, place in broiler safe bowls, top with croutons and cheese, and set under broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- If you do not have a broiler safe dish, you can put in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes for that bubbly browned top.
- *NOTE: If you use homemade lower salt beef broth you may need to add a bit more salt.