Slow Cooker: Gluten Free Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- 10 red potatoes, sliced thin
- 2 leeks- sliced thin to the point the stalk starts turning green
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- black pepper to taste
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 – 1 cup cream
- Milk to thin to desired consistency (2-3 cups)
- Choice of cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- Put first 6 ingredients in crock pot on HIGH for 4-5 hours.
- Blend or use a hand mixer to partially puree mixture.
- Mix in cream.
- Add milk slowly until soup reached desired texture.
- Heat soup in crock pot until milk is heated through.
- Garnish with bacon crumbles and choice of cheese. I used a Blue cheddar. So good!