Secret Veggie Ranch Dip
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 12 ounces 1x
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup frozen peas + 1 teaspoon water
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 medium clove garlic/1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced/1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon green onion, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix peas with 1 teaspoon water and all dried herbs.
- While peas are heating, mince garlic if needed and finely chop green onion. (If using dried, they go in with the peas.)
- After peas are heated, let cool a few minutes then blend together with sour cream, lime juice, and any fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately or chill for a few hours to incorporate all flavors better.
NOTE: I heat the peas in a microwave safe glass dish with a small plate over top for about a minute. Then I check to make sure they are heated through.