Pink Panther Ice Cream
Adapted from recipe by Ellen’s Homemade Ice Cream, Charleston, West Virginia
- 6 oz (170g) fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp (15ml) orange juice concentrate
- 1 ¾ cups (414ml) heavy cream
- 1 ¼ cups (295ml) whole milk
- 2 ½ tbsp (37ml) crème de cassis
- Place the raspberries in a blender and purée until smooth.
- Strain the purée through a fine-mesh sieve to remove the seeds.
- In a medium bowl, combine the raspberry purée with the orange juice concentrate. Cover and set aside.
- Combine the cream, milk, sugar, salt and orange zest in a medium saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and bring the milk mixture to a low boil.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves, 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and pour through a sieve into the raspberry–orange juice mixture.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, stir in the cassis.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, pour the ice cream base into an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.
Recipe from Scoop Adventures by Lindsay Clendaniel (Page Street Publishing; March 2014) Printed with permission.