Rice Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 3 acorn squash
- 2 cups brown rice (dry)
- 2 sausage links/equivalent loose sausage ( I usually remove sausage from casing)
- 2 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic/1 heaping tablespoon minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut acorn squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Place cut side down on cookie sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice per instructions on package.
- While rice is cooking, melt butter in frying pan while you chop onions and mince garlic.
- Add sausage, onion, and garlic to melted butter and cook until onions are soft and sausage is cooked through.
- Once rice is done cooking, mix rice, shredded cheese, and sausage mixture together.
- Pull baked squash from oven, turn over, and stuff centers with rice mixture.
- Top with freshly ground pepper and a dash of salt.
- Return to oven for 10 minutes.