- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon salt – I generally skimp on salt but not for these.
- 1 cup sugar – I use raw but white is fine.
- 6 cups, sliced cucumbers – kirby/pickling cucumbers are best
- 1 cup onions, sliced thin – I used green onions. Oh yeah! I’m fancy like that.
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper – ’cause it’s pretty. Green is fine too.
- 1 diced jalapeno – No seeds will make it less spicy.
- 2 teaspoons celery seed – Sometimes I use. Sometimes I don’t.
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1/4 cup fresh dill
- Heat vinegar and sugar and boil until sugar is dissolved. Stir often.
- While this mixture cools, prep your vegetables.
- Put the vegetables and seasonings into a glass bowl or cool jar like mine. DO NOT use metal. It reacts badly with acid. Also, plastic will absorb the bold flavors for future use. ICK!
- Mix the sugared vinegar and rest of ingredients.
I know, you really want to taste it NOW. Don’t. Let them sit in the fridge for at least 24 hours. They are well worth the wait.