Cream Cheese Frosting is, hands down, my favorite frosting for almost any cake. Now, we’re not talking about the cream cheese frosting that comes out of a can. “No sir ma’am” as my kids would say.
We are talking homemade cream cheese frosting, and let me tell you, when you taste the real thing you will never go back again. Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting is a variation of my cream cheese frosting that is easy to make from scratch and uses fresh raspberry drizzle to get that pretty pink color and raspberry flavor – no fake around here.
Raspberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2-4 tablespoons raspberry drizzle
- Beat powdered sugar, cream cheese, and 2 tablespoons raspberry drizzle in small bowl.
- Add more raspberry drizzle until taste and texture is what you are looking for.
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar (I use raw)
- Bring raspberries and water to a boil in small sauce pan.
- Boil until raspberries fall apart.
- Strain berries and water to remove seeds.
- Use spoon to push raspberries through strainer to get as much pulp as possible.
- Return raspberry juice to pan.
- Add sugar.
- Bring to a boil, stirring often
- Cook until thick.