We love tacos and these mushroom vegetable tacos are easy, flavorful, and pass even the pickiest eater’s taste test.
Meatless Monday (or Friday) can leave some families wondering how to get a well balanced and delicious meal on the table that everyone will still eat. Our family doesn’t follow either day but eats meatless on random days. We love tacos and these mushroom vegetable tacos are easy, flavorful, and pass even the pickiest eater’s taste test.
Since tacos are one of our favorite “dinner in a hurry” meals, these mushroom vegetable tacos make kids and adults happy. The vegetable and mushroom mixture is seasoned in a way that totally changes what carrots, peppers, and mushrooms taste like, so the kids happily eat them without wondering why their taco is made out of vegetables. They are also super easy to whip together and can look fancy with very little work.
One appliance that is good to have is a blender or small food processor. If neither appliance is your BFF already, they will be after you make this recipe. BOOM! You have finely blended veggies in no time.
While your vegetables are cooking, you will want to whip up an easy Lime Sour Cream Drizzle as the finishing touch. There will be no regrets when you leave your plain old sour cream ways behind you. I could eat this stuff with a spoon. It’s that amazing.
So who’s ready for a vegetarian taco? I am, so let’s get cooking.Print
Vegetable Mushroom Tacos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings (2 tacos each) 1x
- Category: easy meals, taco recipes
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 cup baby carrots (appr. 15)
- 1 cup diced red or green bell pepper
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 10 corn or flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper (leave out if you want no heat)
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cilantro (optional)
- Heat oil in frying pan.
- Finely chop or blend carrots, mushrooms, and pepper.
- Put in pan, and add chili powder, ground cumin, crushed pepper flakes, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Saute until soft – approx. 5-7 minutes
Lime Sour Cream Drizzle
- Mix sour cream, juice from 1/2 lime, and a pinch of salt.
- Set aside.
- Warm tortillas.
- Put small amount of lettuce and cheese in center of tortilla shell.
- Add a scoop of vegetables.
- Top with salsa and lime sour cream.