I have been wanting to make my own dressing for awhile now but it is just so easy to pick up a bottle at the grocery store. Last night I decided I was in the mood for a Balsamic dressing but I didn’t HAVE balsamic dressing. Typical me occurrence, wanting something that isn’t in my cabinet. Making it myself had several pros and zero cons. It has simple ingredients, I know what all the ingredients are, and it is missing all the “interesting” preservatives. Here is my new go-to balsamic dressing recipe.Print
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- pomegranate infused vinegar – I added this to the balsamic to make 3/4 cup altogether
- 1 clove garlic, crushed – I love garlic. Next time I am adding 1 more
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Small pinch kosher salt
- Generous pinch fresh ground black pepper
- Shake together several minutes until emulsified. I used a salad dressing bottle but you could also use a canning jar. It looks pretty. Refrigerate and shake well before each use.
I served mine over mixed salad greens with pecorino/romano cheese and dried cranberries.
In the mood for a creamy dressing? Check out this great Avocado Ranch Dressing.