Spice up dinner with a few extra ingredients. Buffalo salmon is a quick and easy dinner recipe that will satisfy any spice lover’s palate.
Our whole family loves salmon and we often broil or grill it with no added spices or just a few herbs. Sometimes though, we love to change it up with a kick of spice. I can’t even believe I am saying this, but before we really liked fish (we love fish now!), we made buffalo fish to get our obligatory occasional fish in since it’s suppose to be so good for you. Now we love fish and rarely have buffalo salmon. Why not? Because I forgot just how easy it is to make.
Buffalo Salmon is just the recipe to serve over top rice or a dinner salad. It adds all the flavor your dish needs and salad or rice calm the heat down a bit without killing the flavor of the hot sauce and most of all, the rich flavor of a good wild caught salmon.
You can choose to broil, bake, or grill your salmon but for this recipe I prefer making it in the oven or grilling it on a tray so you don’t lose any of the spicy buttery sauce that makes this salmon dish stand out from the crowd.Print
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 1 & 1/2 pounds salmon
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (I like Trader Joe’s Chili Pepper Sauce)
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place salmon, skin side down in cast iron skillet or tray with sides.
- Whisk melted butter and hot sauce until incorporated.
- Put small slashes in top of salmon or poke holes in it, using a fork.
- Pour sauce over salmon.
- Bake until cooked through.
- Approximately 15 minutes