Quick and Easy Bean Burritos
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 2 cups or 1 can black beans, pre-cooked – if using canned, drain first, retaining 1/4 can liquid.
- Cooked rice – (2 cups uncooked, made per instructions on label)
- 4 large flour tortillas or 6 small
- Favorite Salsa
- Lettuce or salad greens
- 1 cup shredded cheese (monterey jack, colby, cheddar, Mexican blend)
- 1 Avocado
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Cook rice or if using pre-made rice, heat rice.
- Add chili powder, beans and retained liquid or 1/8 cup water
- Mash avocado with lemon juice
- Lay tortillas on plates.
- Spread a thin layer of avocado over the center of the tortilla.
- Add a heaping pile of rice and beans.
- Add shredded cheese.
- Add lettuce.
- Add salsa.
- Wrap and serve.