- 1 cup raw sugar*
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses*
- 3 tablespoons La Morena Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- *Note: You can use white sugar in place of raw sugar or brown sugar in place of white/raw sugar and molasses. It just doesn’t have quite the same richness
- Mince chipotle peppers in generous amount of their own sauce and measure 3 tablespoons.
- Mix all ingredients in a sauce pan over medium/high heat.
- Stir often, heating until sugar is melted and mixture is thick and bubbling.