White Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse is the perfect dessert when you need an easy dessert in less than an hour. It can be served room temperature as needed or chilled beforehand. Best of all, it’s naturally gluten-free.
Another whirlwind of holiday time is upon us and easy go-to desserts are the name of the game when our menus are already a mile long. I’m totally a sucker for making multi-step desserts like this White Chocolate Cranberry Pie but sometimes I just don’t have time for that.
This White Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse is just the thing when you want a dessert that will wow but doesn’t have 500 steps or ingredients that have you running to the grocery store for that one elusive ingredient.
The ingredients in this are mostly practical and easy to keep on hand – pumpkin, white chocolate, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, ginger, and heavy cream. If you follow these steps for roasting a pumpkin you should even have pureed pumpkin in your freezer, but if not, always have a couple cans of pumpkin puree in your cabinet this time of year.
While I’m not a huge fan of white chocolate (seriously, is it legit to CALL it chocolate?!), I knew when it comes to pumpkin, white chocolate is perfect. I was right. White chocolate is delicate enough to add flavor without overpowering in this White Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse.
Once your mousse is made up, chill and serve as-is or in tart shells. Delicate airy white chocolate pumpkin mousse pairs beautifully with a flaky buttery crust, if I do say so myself. While the pumpkin and whipped cream get mixed together to make a mousse, you could also keep the 2 components separate and make a beautifully layered White Chocolate Pumpkin Dessert for even less fuss.Print
Pumpkin White Chocolate Mousse
Rich pumpkin and creamy smooth white chocolate blend together for a beautiful light white chocolate pumpkin mousse.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- 4 oz. white chocolate + 2 oz. white chocolate (optional)
- 1 can (15 oz.) or 1 and 1/2 cups homemade pumpkin puree
- 1/8 cup raw or brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Melt 4 ounces white chocolate in medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, fold in pumpkin puree, sugar, and spices. Heat until pumpkin is completed heated through*.
- Put in another bowl to cool 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in approximately 1/4 the whipped cream, folding in until white is mostly gone. Repeat until all whipped cream has been folded in.
- Remaining 2 ounces of white chocolate can be melted just before serving and drizzled over individual servings.
- Chill for 1 hour or longer.
- Food safety recommendation is to heat to 165°F.
- Serve alone or in pre-baked tarts.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: pumpkin, white chocolate, mousse, pumpkin mousse
This post was originally published on December 28, 2013 with images below and was republished on November 17, 2018.