- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups pumpkin puree/1 can pumpkin (15-16 oz.)
- 1¼ cups oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Mix powdered sugar and cream cheese together then roll into a log and freeze while you gather and mix muffin batter.
- Mix dry ingredients then mix in butter until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl and add to dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Grease muffin tins well or use cupcake wrappers. Add small spoon of muffin batter, just covering the bottom. Add a small scoop of semi-frozen cream cheese mixture, making sure it doesn’t touch sides of tin.
- Fill muffin tin just over 3/4 of the way with more muffin batter. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until muffins are dry on top or spring back when top is lightly touched.