Who else was bummed when Starbucks didn’t bring back their autumn pumpkin cream cheese muffins? Well, no worries. I’ve got a copycat pumpkin cream cheese muffin you’re going to love.
As with any good muffin, these pumpkin cream cheese muffins are best eaten warm out of the oven but they are delicious the next day for breakfast too. Nothing says cozy autumn mornings like a pumpkin muffin and a cup of steaming coffee.
While there are a couple steps, like making the cream cheese filling and pre-freezing it for a bit, they are all super simple steps that are worth every bite.
You can make your own homemade pumpkin puree or buy a can. Either way, they are delicious. And make sure you add some pumpkin seeds to the streusel topping. They give the perfect finishing touch.
Being able to make these at home means you don’t have to be bummed Starbucks pulled a seasonal favorite. Plus, the ingredients are simple with no unpronounceable words and you’ll send much less money making these treats.
Now what are you waiting for? Pull out your mixer and let’s get baking.Print
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 24 muffins 1x
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups unbleached flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 cups pumpkin puree/1 can pumpkin (15–16 oz.)
- 1¼ cups oil
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- Mix powdered sugar and cream cheese together then roll into a log and freeze while you gather and mix muffin batter.
- Mix dry ingredients then mix in butter until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Mix wet ingredients in separate bowl and add to dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
- Grease muffin tins well or use cupcake wrappers. Add small spoon of muffin batter, just covering the bottom. Add a small scoop of semi-frozen cream cheese mixture, making sure it doesn’t touch sides of tin.
- Fill muffin tin just over 3/4 of the way with more muffin batter. Sprinkle with topping.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until muffins are dry on top or spring back when top is lightly touched.
Want more great muffin recipes?
- Cranberry Orange Muffins
- Raspberry Rosewater Muffins
- Vegan Spiced Banana Muffins with Streusel
- Apple Cinnamon Muffins
- Dairy-Free Pineapple Muffins
- Maple Sour Cream Muffins
- Whole Wheat Coconut Lime Muffins
Originally published with the below images on October 16, 2012. Republished November 11, 2018.