Salty prosciutto and pungent goat’s cheese are some of my favorite pizza toppings. I wanted to create another easy gourmet appetizer to add something a little different to the line up for Super Bowl 2014. I will, of course, have the traditional wings and chips and salsa, but I wanted something else too. Something kicked up a notch without going to too much work to get there. Really, these appetizers are so easy a….well, anyone who has prosciutto, pears, and goat’s cheese can make them. Many things are better when they come in three’s so when I saw beautifully ripened pears in the grocery store I knew I had the winning combination – a Prosciutto, Goat’s Cheese, and Pear Trio. Confession time: I made up a little plate of these and didn’t share – not a single one.Print
Prosciutto, Pear and Goat’s Cheese
- 6 slices Prosciutto
- Goat’s Cheese (you won’t need a lot)
- 1 pear
- Cut each slice of prosciutto into quarters (Will have extra)
- Slice the pear into 16 thin wedges (leave skin on, but take seeds out)
- Lay a slice of pear over prosciutto quarter
- Add a little goat’s cheese
- Wrap prosciutto around pear.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 2 minutes.
Prosciutto, Goat’s Cheese and Pear Sandwich Bites
- Cut 1/4 inch wedges of pear in half
- Layer small piece of prosciutto and goat’s cheese on half of wedge
- Top with other half a pear wedge
Prosciutto, Goat’s Cheese and Pear Toasts
- Mini toasts
- Goat’s Cheese
Check out more easy gourmet appetizer ideas:
Today I am linking up with Musings of a Housewife. Check out some great gluten-free meal plans and desserts.