A splash of sweet tart pomegranate, squeeze of lime, and rich coconut milk blend together for a cocktail recipe that you’ll enjoy any time of year. One little change up can also take it from adult drink to kid friendly cooler.
When Stirrings reached out to me and asked if they could send a couple mixers and rimmers my way to create a cocktail recipe, I said yes. You see, Stirrings products and I are old friends. They are one of the first mixers I was introduced to when I started working at a kitchen store as a seasonal employee. I stayed past Christmas and learned how to mix a drink (minus the alcohol) into the summer months.
I loved running the demo booth because I got to cook food, mix drinks (no alcohol), and talk to people. Stirrings simple margarita mixer 2 ways (blended with ice and Sprite and mixed with club soda) was one of our stars in the late spring. In Upstate NY you know everyone went crazy for any reminder that hot weather and summer parties were finally on the way. It was such fun talking with people about the product and their summer plans, but the margarita mixer basically sold itself and oftentimes people would buy it to “save for summer” and be back a few weeks later to replace “what they just had to try at home” before summer.
To this day I get the appeal of a Stirrings product – I’m looking at you, Lemon Drop. I get a quality good flavored product with no hassle, that I can easily customize into a cocktail or mocktail. And even though the Pomegranate mixer is labeled martini, I’m breaking the rules a bit because I love pomegranate but not martini. No apologies because this drink is a winner. It’s so easy to mix it up the way I want to, and I want to start dreaming of summer with laughter floating through hot summer air, grills fired up and smoking, and icy drinks close at hand.
I can include this frozen drink on an adult summer party drink bar with a make-your-own recipe board, or make virgin pomegranate coconut creamsicle freezes for a family party. I know it’s January, but this warm weather loving transplant to New England needs every bit of summer thoughts she can get. At least this way I can turn on some ocean wave sounds, crank up the heat, close my eyes, take a sip, and pretend I’m on a tropical beach somewhere.Print
- 18 ounces Stirrings Pomegranate Martini Mix
- 13.5–14 ounce can coconut milk
- 6 ounces rum
- 2 limes
- Pomegranate arils
- Stirrings Cosmopolitan or Margarita Rimmer*
- Fill blender with ice to 6 cup mark.
- Add coconut milk, pomegranate mixer, and rum.
- Add juice from 1 lime.
- Blend until smooth.
- While drink is blending, slice second lime into 8 slices.
- Run slice of lime gently along rim of glass then dip the glass in rimmer.
- Fill 8 or 16 ounce glass with pomegranate coconut lime drink.
- Garnish with the lime wedge you rimmed the glass with and a small scoop of pomegranate arils.
- * I prefer a sweet finish to my glass and use Cosmopolitan Rimmer. If you want a touch of salt to bring down the sweetness you can use the Margarita Rimmer.
- If you want to enjoy this drink as a slushy, you can freeze 30 minutes to an hour after blending.
- To make a mocktail simply skip the rum.
This recipe has been created with product from Stirrings and is being entered in the #STIRRINGSMIXOLOGYCONTEST. Wish me luck!