It isn’t original to me, nor is the name very original but it seems to be the craze right now. I changed mine up a bit and it was a little drier than the ones I have had but also more “breakfasty”, which is good, since it was breakfast. I think it’s because I completely skipped the brown sugar AND used stone ground whole wheat.Print
Homemade Granola Bars
- 4 cups oats
- 2/3 cup flax seed meal
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cup stone ground whole wheat, fine
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate morsels
- Mix it all together.
- Press into a baking dish (one size larger than a 9 x 13).
- Bake at 350 until the edges are brown (approximately 30 minutes).
- Let cool 10 minutes, then cut before they get too hard.