When a recipe is easy enough you can make it over a campfire in no time you know you have a winner! Philly Cheesesteak and Rice Skillet not only delivers a hearty and affordable meal but gives us a little taste of “home”.
We love a good Philly Cheesesteak and I’m glad we have our own Philly Cheesesteak recipe since I highly doubt we’re going to find an authentic one in New Hampshire. After the many taste tests we put ourselves through to find good pizza in PA that stood up to our New York standards, I’m not sure we’re ready for that one.
I’m going to straight up tell you it’s hard to make this dish look pretty but it most definitely tastes good and best of all it’s a hearty meal that can be made in no time for busy evenings. With back-to-school here or almost here for many of us, that’s a bonus.
- 1 lb. chipped steak
- 3 cups cooked rice – ready serve packets make this easier when camping
- 1 large bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium high heat.
- Chop onions and peppers and mince garlic, then add to heated oil in pan.
- Saute pepper, onion, and garlic until soft.
- Add chipped beef and fry.
- When meat is just finished, add cooked rice and cream.
- Stir constantly until rice is heated through and cream is thickened.