You’re hosting a party and don’t have a clue what to serve. Worry no more! Here’s a party menu planner that will help you plan your menu in 5 minutes.
Kiss one party planning stress goodbye because yes, you can plan your party menu in 5 minutes. Read on because I’m sharing how I plan my party menus in no time at all, plus sharing my easy party menu planner printable.
Tips for A Less Stress Party Menu, Even with Allergies
- Groups of 3 – The rule of thumb in decorating is to use odd numbers. I carry this through to my party spread and plan for 3 of each: proteins, carbs, produce, and desserts.
- Allergies – Keep a protein simple without breading or sauces (unless they are gluten free) and use gluten free spices, use 1 gluten free carb and dessert, always have a veggie tray, and skip the nuts. This will cover many popular allergies and you can tweak it for others that aren’t as common.
- Quick and Easy – Make flavorful dishes that are simple to pull together and are low maintenance. Shrimp tossed in spices and broiled or quick fried steak or chicken cubes with an easy dipping sauce are crowd-pleasers and take little time.
- Mini-Size – Take a favorite dish and make it a mini – cornbread and chili can become cornbread muffin bowls with chili.
- Mix it Up – Keep most dishes quick and easy with a twist – like tortilla chips with pineapple mango salsa.
- Make Ahead – Plan some dishes that can be thrown together ahead of time. This means less stress and rushing when party time hits and guests are knocking.
Party Menu Plan in 5 Minutes
- Are there any allergies?
- Do you have any dishes friends and family rave over?
- What’s your budget?
- 3 Proteins – shrimp, steak bites, chicken nuggets, L’il Smokies, meatballs, pigs in a blanket, charcuterie (salami, prosciutto, or pepperoni) for the cheese platter
- 3 Carbs – gluten free rice crackers, tortilla chips, crackers, pretzels, bread, baguette
- 3 Dips – Choose options that go with the carbs and/or protein – bruschetta, hummus, dip, cheese spread, salsa, queso, spinach and artichoke dip, honey mustard, marinara
- 3 Veggies – Choose a variety of colors – carrots, bell peppers, celery, radishes, cucumbers, broccoli, cauliflower
- 1 Cheese Plate – Choose 3 favorite cheeses – brie, stilton, variety of cheddar, goat’s cheese, swiss. You can also dress up the cheese plate with 1 of your proteins, grapes, or olives.
- 3 Desserts – Choose a fruity dessert, a chocolate dessert, and another favorite
- Print this Party Menu Food Planner Printable
- See below for recipe suggestions
Handy Products for Your Party Food
(Images are Clickable – Affiliate Links)
Party Menu Suggestions