Are you looking for a substitute for rice and pasta? Not only is this carrot rice perfect for a gluten-free or paleo stir fry, but it’s really great for any one who wants to make dinner a little healthier.
With just 3 ingredients, Five Spice Carrot Rice is a quick prep easy meal as it takes less than 20 minutes to make and is a kid-friendly dish – as long as your kid likes carrots.
I love how colorful it makes a plate and in the wintertime I will take all the color I can get. The bright orange of the carrots really chases away winter drear, and the flavor is just right for this simple ginger garlic beef and broccoli recipe.Print
Five Spice Carrot Rice
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon five spice powder
- Grate carrots.
- Add carrots and water to pan.
- Sprinkle five spice evenly over carrots and mix in.
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are getting a little soft.
- Drizzle oil over carrots and mix in.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes.