Are you looking for a substitute for rice and pasta? Not only is this carrot rice perfect for a gluten-free or paleo stir fry, but it’s really great for any one who wants to make dinner a little healthier.
With just 3 ingredients, Five Spice Carrot Rice is a quick prep easy meal as it takes less than 20 minutes to make and is a kid-friendly dish – as long as your kid likes carrots.
I love how colorful it makes a plate and in the wintertime I will take all the color I can get. The bright orange of the carrots really chases away winter drear, and the flavor is just right for this simple ginger garlic beef and broccoli recipe.Print
- 1 pound carrots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon five spice powder
- Grate carrots.
- Add carrots and water to pan.
- Sprinkle five spice evenly over carrots and mix in.
- Cover and cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are getting a little soft.
- Drizzle oil over carrots and mix in.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes.