Decadent cream cheese frosting flavored with fresh orange is easy to make and perfect for topping just about any cake.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 TBS. butter, softened
- 2 and 1/2 cups confectioner’s sugar
- Zest from an orange
- 2 TBS. fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Beat cream cheese and butter together in mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy, scraping down the bowl occasionally. Add orange zest and continue beating until zest is evenly dispersed through cream cheese and butter mixture.
- Add 2 cups of confectioner’s sugar and beat until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add orange juice and mix until well incorporated. Add final 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar and beat on medium speed until smooth.