**Part of a frugal Whole Foods Meal Plan**
I am so excited about adding this recipe to my list of one pot dinners. I love quinoa, but my family, not so much. I wanted to find a way that they would love it because it is a quick and easy healthy dish. I don’t go all crazy about the newest super foods but quinoa tastes good when it is made right. It is also a good way to boost protein in dishes without having to use meat or as much meat. Add in the facts that it takes under 30 minutes to make and my kids loved it, this quinoa burrito bowl is a match made in dinner planning.
30 Minute Meals: One Dish Quinoa Taco Dish
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 1 & 1/2 cups quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can black beans / 1 & 1/2 cups homemade black beans
- 1 & 1/2 cups Mexican blend cheese
- Lettuce – 1 cup per person
- Drain beans.
- Put water, beans, quinoa, and salsa in a 6 quart pot over high heat.
- When the water comes to a boil, turn to medium heat and cover.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- If water isn’t completely absorbed, let cook a few minutes longer until it is absorbed.
- Top with cheese and put lid back on for a few minutes.
- Serve over lettuce.
30 minutes + healthy + 1 pot = dinnertime score
More Easy Meal Recipes
Recipe ingredients were provided by Whole Foods Devon.