Eggless Molasses Ginger Cookies
- Prep Time: 1 hours 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 27 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- 2 cups flour – all purpose or unbleached
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup white or raw sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 Tablespoon grated crystallized ginger, option for extra kick
- 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon salt (1/4 with salted butter, 1/2 with unsalted butter)
- Preheat oven – 375
- Mix flour, spices, baking soda, salt, and optional ginger.
- In another bowl beat butter, sugar, and molasses until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet, approximately 2 inches apart.
- Flatten to approximately 1/4 inch with a sugar coated glass bottom or cookie press.
- Bake 7 minutes for a soft chewy cookie. Bake 10 minutes for that satisfying snap.
- Let cool on tray 3-5 minutes then transfer to baking rack to finish cooling.