The Amazing Carrot Cake Cupcake
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 24 cupcakes 1x
- 3 cups flour (unbleached or all-purpose)
- 2 cups sugar*
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt (1/2 tsp. if you use salted butter)
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup coconut oil*
- 6 large eggs
- 1 TBS. vanilla extract
- 1 (1lb, 4oz.) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 6 cups shredded carrots
- Raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Put shredded carrots and coconut in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Put flour, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix well.
- In separate bowl, slightly beat eggs.
- Add oil, vanilla, carrots, coconut, and pineapple to eggs and mix.
- Add liquid mixture to flour and mix until incorporated, adding each stick of butter as you mix.
- Mix until butter is well incorporated.
- Put into lined cupcake tins and add a few raisins to each cupcake as desired.
- Bake. mini cupcakes – 10 minutes regular cupcakes – 15-18 minutes
- Will be moist on top but toothpick or tester should come out clean.
- To make it a bit lower sugar, you can use 1 & 1/2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup In the Raw Monkfruit
- Can use melted butter instead of coconut oil