The season for holiday entertaining is here and I am always thinking of “small bites” to take or serve at home. I wanted to add something that could be eaten by most people and would add to my mini stuffed peppers and stuffed portabellas. Wouldn’t you love to have these appetizer options at your party? These “almost a bite” sized meatballs are packed with flavor and the kids won’t ever guess they are full of “good for you” ingredients. I love that these meatballs are gluten-free, egg-free and dairy-free, making them a perfect appetizer on my holiday menu. This way I can serve them alone for my gluten-free guests and make mini meatball sandwiches for the other guests.Print
These mini meatballs are gluten free, egg-free and dairy-free but packed with wholesome delicious ingredients the kids won’t even notice. Perfect for your next party.
- 1 lb ground beef – I use 93% lean grassfed beef
- 3 medium baby bella mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- fresh or dry parsley – 2 sprigs fresh, 1/2 teaspoon dry
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Dice mushrooms, garlic, and onion very fine.
- Mix all ingredients into the burger really well.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- Mix with 1 jar of sauce and cook on low in slow cooker or simmer on stove top so meatballs absorb some of the sauce flavor.
Serve plain, with parmesan shaved over top, or over a baguette, depending on allergies. You could even set up a mini “create your own” meatball bar with breads, different sauces, and different cheeses.
- Swedish meatball sauce
- Brown gravy
- Cranberry Chili Sauce
- Tomato sauce
- Sour dough
- Baguette slices
- Mini slider rolls
- Gluten-free bread
‘); // ]]>Today I am also linking up with Musings of a Housewife. Check out more great gluten-free meal ideas. **This post includes Amazon affiliate links.