Love lemon bars? I have a to-die-for recipe that people request I make and now? These Meyer Lemon and Blueberry Bars might make the choice harder.
I love lemon anything and Meyer lemons add an amazing flavor to recipes, so when Frieda’s sent me a bag of this beautiful citrus, I knew just what they would be used for. Meyer Lemons aren’t as tart as regular lemons and they have a faint scent of thyme.
They are absolutely delicious to work with and I love using them because you can cut down on added sugar and still get that mouthwatering go-back-for-more taste in your mouth. In fact, my mouth is watering for these decadently easy bars right now.
Lemon blueberry is one of my absolute favorite flavor combinations and a quick scatter of blueberries across this lemon dessert makes it look so gourmet and decadent but keeps it “cooks easy”. I recommend you make some ASAP. If you can’t find Meyer lemons, reach out to Frieda’s and they will see if they can get them into your local grocery store.
Meyer Lemon and Blueberry Bars
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 24 1x
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chilled butter, unsalted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Meyer lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter and mix until thick dough forms.
- Press cough into a 10×8 baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and sugar together.
- Mix lemon juice and a zest into dry ingredients.
- Beat eggs and mix into flour and lemon mixture.
- Pour over baked crust.
- Add blueberries to lemon mixture in an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Lemon mixture will still cling but you want the top to be set, not jiggly.
- Cool before cutting.
Even people who don’t generally enjoy lemon bars love my lemon lime bars. See what my secret to the best lemon or lemon lime bars is.