Before you say “But I don’t homeschool” or “I don’t have kids”, don’t leave just yet. This is all about menu planning easy meals to make your days easier no matter what stage of life you are in.
The new school year is quickly approaching and we need to be ready for battle. What battle? The battle to get dinner on the table in the evening. As a homeschooling mom this is especially a challenge when the school year is just beginning. Getting back into the school routine involves getting everyone around and motivated in the morning, then staying on task to get school AND work done when everyone just wants lazy summer mornings to last a little longer. I have found that the only way we get nutritious and balanced meals on the table at the beginning of the school year is by planning ahead. Before you say “But I don’t homeschool” or “I don’t have kids”, don’t leave just yet. This is all about menu planning easy meals to make your days easier no matter what stage of life you are in.
Each week I am going to add a few meals to this list so at the end we will have 25-30 meals to help make menu planning in August (or whatever month you decide to use it) that much easier. This will be a great resource to pull out every year to make meal planning as easy as buying the groceries. So, make sure you come back each week and see what meals I have added. I will add them every Friday so that no matter if you plan your meal plan Friday or Monday it will be here, ready for you. Also make sure you check out this great resource on how to go beyond planning to executing your menu plan.
Easy Meals for Quick Menu Planning
- Salmon with dill butter, corn on the cob – this way or maybe this way, steamed or grilled asparagus, and red potatoes
- Salsa Chicken over rice with cauliflower or broccoli
- Classic Cobb Salad or one of these salad combinations – my secret to a filling salad is making sure it has a good amount of protein
- Chicken Cheddar Ziti with salad (I’m doubling this so I have one in the freezer for busy school days)
- Slow Cooked Curried Beef Roast with potatoes and carrots (recipe to come but delish! One of my favorite easy slow cooked meals.)
- Slow Cooked Curried Cauliflower and Lentil Soup (I use the leftover curried beef roast as a starter.)
- Sausage, Potatoes, and Peas
- Tuna Cakes with rice and veggies
- Whole Wheat Pancakes with a savory sauce
- Meatball Hoagies with fresh burrata and veggies
- Rotisserie Chicken, corn on the cob, and fresh tomatoes
- Sausage, potatoes, and peppers (instead of peas)
- Strawberry, Kale, Chicken Salad, fresh veggies
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Bean, and Veggie Soup
- Chili Rubbed Salmon Wraps (11 year old is tackling this one by changing up a shrimp wrap recipe)
August Harvest Recipes