Maple Sugared Cranberries
- Prep Time: 80 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 25 minutes
- Yield: 16 ounces 1x
- 1 – 16 ounce bag cranberries, washed and sorted
- 2 cups white or raw sugar
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Wash and sort cranberries and set them aside to drain the water off them.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, dissolve 2 cups sugar and 2 cups water.
- Bring to a simmer then shut off.
- Dump the cranberries into the sugar water and set to soak in the refrigerator for 8 or more hours.
- Strain cranberries, retaining sugar water if you wish to reuse it.
- Toss 3/4 cup brown sugar and maple syrup together.
- Spread on a cookie sheet then spread the cranberries over it, mixing well until cranberries are mostly covered with maple sugar.
- Set aside until dry. Approximately 1 hour.
- Store in airtight container or plastic bag in cool place up to 1 week.
- We bet they won’t last a week!