Cocktail or mocktail? This mango piña colada recipe uses fresh fruit and coconut milk. With just a few ingredients, you can whip this refreshing drink together in no time.
My strawberry piña coladas have been such a hit that I decided we needed more fresh drinks that can be made mocktail or cocktail. I thought, why not create an even more tropical drink with my favorite tropical fruit, the mango? And with that we present the refreshing mango piña colada.
I know you can buy premixed drinks at the store but have you read the ingredients? And some of them are so syrupy sweet they just don’t taste that great. Since I am a huge proponent of making as much of my food and drink from scratch as possible, I hit the produce section for fresh mangoes and pineapple. By the way, if you find working with fresh pineapple a hassle, here is an easy tutorial on how to cut pineapple easily.
There is something so satisfying about making deliciously bad for you treats a little healthier, especially when you use fresh produce to pull it off. And the colors… I just love the vibrant colors of fresh mango puree and the soft yellow of pineapple.
So grab your blender, fresh produce, a can of coconut milk, and the ice. We’re hitting the beach today – at least in our dreams.Print
Mango Piña Coladas
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- 1 medium sized pineapple (5 cups, diced)
- 1–2 cups mango puree (1 large mango or 2 small)
- 1 15/16 ounce can coconut milk
- 2 cups ice
- 6–8 ounces rum (optional)
- Remove peel and seed from mango.
- Set aside a few pieces of diced mango for garnish.
- Puree the remainder until smooth.
- Pour mango puree into another container.
- Put 2 cups ice, diced pineapple, and coconut milk into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Mix in rum if using.
- Put spoonful of mango puree in bottom of glass.
- Swirl around bottom of glass.
- Fill 1/3 of glass with piña colada.
- Swirl in another spoonful of mango puree.
- Fill glass to 2/3 with piña colada.
- Add another spoonful of mango and swirl in.
- Add just a bit more piña colada.
- Top with diced mango garnish and serve.