Today I am sharing this deliciously easy and healthy grilled mix fruit to celebrate summer along with some other blogging friends. Make sure you visit the rest of the links below for some more amazing tips and recipes to make your summer grilling truly spectacular.
Who doesn’t love a nice grilled dinner? I love grilling anytime of the year but summer and grilling go hand in hand at our house. I have grilled everything. And by everything I mean bacon and meatballs have in fact hit my grill. One of my new favorite things to grill is fruit. Grilled pineapple? Divine. Grilled watermelon? Let’s not talk about it. Grilled grapefruit? Where have you been all my life?
The first time I grilled grapefruit it slipped out of the peel so easily that I thought why not use the grapefruit shell as a bowl and make a deliciously healthy grilled fruit dessert? It was love at first thought and so I created. After just one spoonful of this amazing fruit salad I may never go back to traditional fresh fruit salad. It’s so good you won’t believe it isn’t “real” dessert.
Grilled fruit salad is perfect as a dinner side, a guilt-free dessert, or topping for ice cream or angel food cake. Homemade whipped cream would be a perfect finish if you are looking for just a teeny tiny bit of guilt with that dessert. You could even use it to top your morning oatmeal or pancakes.
- 1 large pink grapefruit
- 3 – 1/2-1 inch thick slices fresh pineapple
- 1 cup cherries, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 3 tablespoons caramelized honey
- Pre-heat grill on medium/high for just a few minutes.
- Put cherries, blueberries, and honey in a small cast iron skillet on the grill.
- Put slices of pineapple and grapefruit cut side down on the grill.
- Close lid and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Check fruit for grill marks and flip. Give fruit in pan a stir.
- Cover and let grill another 5-7 minutes.
- Pull fruit off grill.
- Dice pineapple.
- Run paring knife around inside edge of grapefruit, then gently turn peel partially inside out to release as much of grapefruit as possible. Scrape out remaining grapefruit and remove separators and pulp.
- Mix together all fruit in pan then fill grapefruit shells and serve.
There are more than 15 other bloggers participating in this great grilling event so make sure to check out their posts too!
We’re Parents!?– Italian BBQ burgers
Courtney’s Sweets – Grilled Chicken BLT Burgers
O’boy Organic – Grilled California Buffalo Burger
Other Grilled Meat Recipes
Momma Lew – Chicken & Peppers Shish Kabobs
Open Hands – Honey BBQ Salmon
Motherhood Community – That’s The Rub (Steak Rub)
Raising A Family On A Budget – Sticky Sweet BBQ Ribs
Defining Dad – Rosemary Had a Little Lamb
Grilled Vegetable and Fruit Side Recipes
Diapered Knights – Gourmet Grilled Carrots
Real: The Kitchen & Beyond – Grilled Mixed Fruit w/ Grapefruit Bowl
Mom-Blog – Grilled Beets Salad
Know Your Produce – Grilled Pineapple with Pound Cake
The Suburban Soapbox Grilled Campfire Quesadilla – aka Smores Quesadilla
Giggles Gobbles and Gulps– Grilled Plantains Banana Split
Other Grilled Recipes
Souffle Bombay – Grilled Mushroom Poppers / Grilled Mushrooms Stuffed w/ Cheese, Jalapeno & Bacon
Mommy Snapped – Grilled pizza