I cannot tell a lie, I grew up sneaking a spoonful of the cookie dough. Then I grew older and became afraid of what could be lurking in the raw egg. Some of you who know me well know a “play it safe” kind of girl is above the surface, hiding the crazy “try it all” inside. I remember cookie dough being amazing but I just. couldn’t. do. it. That is, until Davidson’s Safest Choice Eggs appeared on the scene. These pasteurized eggs wipe out all worries of the evils that can lurk within that alluring cookie dough. We were challenged to make a knock it out of the ball park cookie dough dip for a chance at a scholarship to Eat Write Retreat and I took it on. Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Cookie Dough Dip is a real winner. I even forgot it had raw egg in it.
The beauty of this dip is that it uses fresh ingredients and is easy peasy to pull together. Well, it takes a teensy tiny bit of work. You could probably “short cut” it but fresh truly is best, so if you must, you can use no sugar added raspberry jam and buy graham cracker crumbs.
Hints of raspberry and lemon are perfect in this sweet and creamy dessert dip. Serve with Pretzel Crisps, graham crackers, or apple slices. Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Cookie Dough Dip will be perfect for your next summer picnic or brunch with the ladies. Oh, and just wait until I share my recipe for Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies. It’s going to be a good one.Print
Lemon Raspberry Cheesecake Cookie Dough Dip
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 Safest Choice Egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
Raspberry Swirl Ingredients:
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cream cream cheese, sugar, and butter together until smooth.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Mix in lemon zest.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and mix well.
- Heat all ingredients in pan over medium heat until sugar is melted and raspberries are soft.
- Strain raspberry mixture through a sieve, pushing as much of the fruit through as possible.
- Return liquid to pan and heat until thickens.
- Set aside to cool 5-10 minutes. Will gel as it cools.
- Measure out 2 tablespoons of raspberry jelly and dot it over the dip mixture.
- Swirl raspberry through Cookie Dough Dip.