Can’t Eat One Lemon Lime Bars
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hours 15 minutes
- 2 cups flour – I use an unbleached soft as white winter wheat
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 4 extra large eggs
- 2 cups raw sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon and lime juice combined ( I did half and half)
- I also use about 1 tablespoon of lemon/lime zest
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Powdered sugar to finish.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix together the crust ingredients and press into the pan.
- Bake 15 – 20 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, make the topping.
- Mix topping ingredients well and pour over baked crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until just firm. (A fork or toothpick will still come out very moist).
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- It will fall apart if you cut into it right away. You have to let it cool about 15 minutes. (Voice of experience – although it is really yummy straight from the oven all gooey and warm.)